Annual Conference is a fun and exciting event, but we know it’s not for everyone, their budget or their schedules. Did you know, though, that you can register for events like the Literary Tastes Breakfast and RUSA’s preconferences without registering for the entire Annual Conference?
We welcome any non-conference participants to these events, and would even appreciate some non-library types at the Literary Tastes Breakfast–the premiere author event at Annual.
RUSA’s 2010 ticketed events include:
The Literary Tastes Breakfast, featuring authors Adriana Trigiani (“Very Valentine”), Laney Salisbury (“Provenance: How a Con Man and a Forger Rewrote the History of Modern Art”), Dan Chaon (“Await Your Reply: A Novel”), David Small (“Stitches: A Memoir”, a graphic novel), and Melvin Konner (“The Jewish Body”), Sunday, June 27, 8-10a.m. Event Code RUS1
Interlibrary Loan Statistics: What We Gather, How We Use Them, and Who We Provide Them To, Friday, June 25, 8:30a.m.-12p.m. Event Code RUS4
Behind the Genealogy Reference Desk: Our Capital’s Hidden Genealogy Gems, Friday, June 25, 8:30a.m.-5p.m. at the Daughters of the American Revolution Library. Event Code RUS2
Reference Evolution: Envisioning the Future, Remembering the Past, Friday, June 25, 9a.m.-5p.m. Event Code RUS3
Here are step-by-step instructions for the online form:
- ACCESS THE ONLINE FORM. You will need to login–this will be your ALA website login. If you don’t have a login, follow the steps for creating a profile.
- Complete the requests for profile information and badge information.
- Under “Step 4: Registration Type”, select “SO Preconference and Special Events.”
- Add any guests who will be attending the event with you under “Step 5: Guest,” and complete the demographic info under Step 6.
- Under “Step 7: Your Events” you will find a list of all events at conference that require a ticket purchase. Scroll down to RUSA’s events to find the Literary Tastes Breakfast and our other preconferences.
- Select your desired event(s), then proceed through to payment.
If you’d prefer to register via mail or fax, then download the printed registration form, and use the event codes listed above to register. Click on the linked event names above to get more info about the ticket prices for your membership type, event speakers and more.
REMEMBER! Advance registration ends May 14, and registration for all RUSA events will close one week prior to the event.
Contact the RUSA office with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.