RUSA is seeking two volunteers to fill the role of Adobe Connect Support Specialist to support the adoption of Adobe Connect as our platform for online learning and online committee meetings. Because the time commitment for this position exceeds that of most committee appointments and is critical to the functioning of many committees and online learning opportunities, RUSA will provide a $1,000 stipend to cover conference travel and expenses, annually. The description of the position follows:
Adobe Connect Support Specialist
RUSA seeks two people to fill the role of Adobe Connect Support Specialist to support the adoption of Adobe Connect as our platform for online learning and online committee meetings.
Training and online support responsibilities will be shared between the RUSA Adobe Connect Support Specialists, the RUSA webmaster, and the RUSA Membership Assistant. There are 136 committees within RUSA (not all of them will use Connect for their online meetings). Last year RUSA had over 50 virtual committee meetings and other online events and this number is expected to grow rapidly in 2013 and 2014.
- Plan and conduct training with RUSA office staff
- Assist in answering email messages from chairs and committee members about the use of the Adobe Connect software, and help chairs determine if Adobe Connect or a conference call is the appropriate communication tool for their meeting needs
- Sit in on Adobe Connect practice sessions, if requested by committee chair
- Sit in on the first online committee meeting for each committee that uses Adobe Connect, if requested by committee chair. Attend a subsequent meeting if problems are encountered or arrange additional ALA training for members requiring further assistance with the software
- Attend ALA-provided online training on the Adobe Connect software before June 1, 2013
- Review Adobe Connect training documentation provided by ALA and recommend supplemental materials if needed
- Coordinate with RUSA Staff (who also will provide support) to make sure that all courses, webinars, discussions and first-time committee meetings have a support person present
The American Library Association has already implemented Adobe Connect. RUSA will start using Adobe Connect June 1, 2013.
- The heaviest period of training will be May-June 2013 for existing RUSA chairs and July-August 2013 for new chairs, dependent on the schedules and needs of our members. ALA will conduct group trainings in May 2013. Additional ALA trainings will be scheduled in July and August 2013.
- Support for online meetings will continue throughout the year with predicted peaks in June-August and January and February, before and after the Annual and Midwinter meetings
- Existing expertise in Adobe Connect is preferred
- Existing expertise in other online courseware/meeting management software is desirable
- Flexibility and time to attend ALA Adobe Connect training and committee meetings, both weekdays and weekday evenings
- Knowledge of best practices for online meetings and online teaching
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with volunteer members and paid RUSA staff
- Exceptional organization skills
- Current membership in RUSA
Because the time commitment for this position exceeds that of most committee appointments and is critical to the functioning of many committees and online learning opportunities, RUSA will provide a $1,000 stipend to cover conference travel and expenses, annually.
Applying for this Position:
Applicants should submit their resume and cover letter highlighting familiarity with Adobe Connect or other meeting/course software, and reasons why they would like this position by May 15, 2013. All e-mail submissions must have “Adobe Connect Support Specialist” in the subject and should be sent to:
Executive Director, RUSA
American Library Association
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60511
The Reference and User Services Association (RUSA), a division of the American Library Association, is responsible for stimulating and supporting excellence in the delivery of general library services and materials, and the provision of reference and information services, collection development, readers’ advisory, and resource sharing for all ages, in every type of library.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Executive Director, RUSA