E-books, library programming, outreach, reference services, collection development and readers’ advisory are just some of the webinar topics sought by the Reference and User Services Association (RUSA) for spring 2014; proposals can be submittedÂ online through January 15, 2014.
RUSA webinars are an opportunity for librarians, library support staff and LIS professionals to conveniently and affordably participate in professional development opportunities covering emerging trends in the profession. Webinars will take place throughout the 2014 calendar year and will cover topics relevant to a broad range of library and information professionals.
Ideal proposals will:
- Show plans for presentations that are 60-75 minutes in length;
- Identify clear learning outcomes for the session;
- Show how the presentation addresses a topic either of interest to RUSA members, or represents an area of RUSAâ€™s expertise that benefits other types of librarians.
The following potential webinar topics are of great value and interest, though RUSA welcomes submissions presenting on a number of others as well:
- reference basics;
- reference for special populations;
- research, trends and hot topics in readers advisory;
- information literacy;
- community partnerships;
- library programming and outreach;
- government data and related resources;
- library spaces and design;
- copyright in the digital age;
- collection development;
- special collections;
- standards and guidelines;
- business reference;
- job searching and related resources;
- book reviewing;
- interlibrary loan;
- technology trends;
- resource sharing;
- disaster preparedness and relief; and more!
Proposals may be submitted using the online proposal form.Â Proposals are accepted and evaluated on an ongoing basis until January 15. 2014.Â Review RUSAâ€™s current online learning offerings, including webinars and courses.
Presenters for accepted proposals will receive compensation for their time and will also receive training for Adobe Connect, RUSAâ€™s online presentation software. Questions about RUSAâ€™s webinar offerings and proposals can be sent to Andrea Hill, RUSA web manager and online learning liaison atÂ firstname.lastname@example.org.