The division has a multitude of volunteer opportunities available for its members through RUSA and special interest section committees.
Committee members have the opportunity to:
- Choose award-winning adult reading and reference books on the Notable Books Council or the Dartmouth Medal Committee, among others
- Honor colleagues for their outstanding contributions as part of an achievement award committee
- Plan discussion forums for online and in-person conference meetups
- Dabble in event planning as members of conference program committees
- Be at the front lines for shaping professional standards and guidelines, evaluating policies and making important decisions for the association
- …and much more!
Please consider volunteering for one or more committee to help us meet our objectives and move RUSA move forward in new and exciting ways. Virtual members are encouraged and welcomed.
Volunteering can be done in just two steps:
- Visit the RUSA website to learn more about our each of our division and section committees: http://www.ala.org/rusa/contact/rosters
- Then access the ALA online volunteer form at www.ala.org/volunteer (login with your ALA membership ID is required).
Remember, you must be a RUSA member in order to volunteer for committee positions, with your membership current for the duration of your volunteer term. You must also be a section member in order to participate in section committees. RUSA dues are $60 annually plus the cost of ALA membership. Section membership is free for RUSA members. Visit www.ala.org/membership to update your membership record and add RUSA or a section, or call Membership and Customer Service at 1-800-545-2433, option 5.
Questions about volunteering should be sent to the appointing officers listed below.
We look forward to having you as a part of our leadership team!
Alesia McManus, RUSA Vice-President/President-Elect, AMcManus@howardcc.edu
Louise Mort Feldmann, BRASS chair, Louise.Feldmann@Colostate.edu
Daniel C. Mack, CODES chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
Christina Thompson, History Section chair, email@example.com
Courtney Greene McDonald, ETS: Emerging Technologies chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Elizabeth Rustic, RSS chair, email@example.com
Heidi Nance, STARS chair, firstname.lastname@example.org