Tune in to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureauâ€™s (CFPB) monthly webinar series, intended to instruct library staff on how to discuss financial education topics with their patrons. From time to time, theyÂ will also invite experts from other government agencies and nonprofit organizations to speak on other key topics of interest, too, so watch for updates. If you would like to be notified of future webinars, or ask about in-person trainings for large groups of librarians, email firstname.lastname@example.org; subject: Library financial education training.
Up Next: Ways to save during tax time: EITC
November 19, from 2:30 pm â€“ 3:30 EDT
Tax time is a unique opportunity for many consumers to make financial decisions about how to use their income tax refunds to build savings.Â In this lesson we will discuss what consumers need to do to prepare before filing their income tax returns, the importance of taking advantage of the tax time moment to save, and the ways people can save automatically when filing their returns.
- To join the webinar, please click on the following link at the time of the webinar: https://www.mymeetings.com/nc/join.php?i=PW9469248&p=LIBRARY&t=c
- If that link does not work, you can also access the webinar by clicking https://www.mymeetings.com/nc/join and enter the following information:
- Conference number: PW9469248
- Audience passcode: LIBRARY
- Then, dial 888-947-8930 and enter participant passcode, LIBRARY.
All webinars will be recorded and archived for later viewing.